Alexandra Primary School fully recognises its responsibility to have a clear and secure framework in place to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
Practitioners who work with children in this school will read this policy within the framework of the following guidance and legislation;
- Keeping children safe in education: statutory guidance for schools and colleges (2016)
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (2015) statutory guidance
- London Child Protection Procedures, 5th Edn.(2015)
- Information Sharing (2015)
- What to do if you’re worried a child is being abused (2015)
- Children Act 1989
- Children Act 2004
- Education Act 2002
- Children and Families Act 2014
Through their day-to-day contact with pupils and their direct work with families, all staff and volunteers in school have a crucial role to play in noticing indicators of possible abuse or neglect at an early stage.
This schools policy sets out how the school’s governing body discharges its statutory responsibilities relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children who are pupils at this school. Our policy applies to all staff; paid and unpaid, working in the school including governors. It is consistent with the local safeguarding children’s board (LSCB) procedures.
Childline Flyer 1
Childline Flyer 2
Child Protection Policy